Counseling & Guidance
Counselors are assigned to students by grade level rather than by alphabet. This allows for all students to remain with the same counselor during their time at Buhach Colony. Grade-level assignments allow for counselors to provide more focused attention specific to a grade level during the school year. Students across each grade level will receive a consistent message from one voice regarding all things counseling resulting in a better experience for both students and parents. Below you will find the counselor assignments for the year as well as counselor contact information.
|9th Grade: Matt Lawler
|10th Grade: Jennifer Sousa
|11th Grade: Blanca Rodriguez
|12th Grade: Olga Powellfirstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Counseling Office at 325-1424. Roll Thunder!
Crisis Hotline Numbers
If you are in a crisis or just really need to talk to someone, here are some numbers you can call or text anonymously.
- National Suicide Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 (1-800-273-TALK)
- Teen Line: 800-825-8336
- Teen Text: Text TEEN to 839863 (between 6-9 PM PST)
- Crisis Text: Text HOME to 741741
- Trevor Lifeline for LGBTQ: 1-866-488-7386
Si se encuentra en una crisis o simplemente necesita hablar con alguien, aquí hay algunos números para llamar o enviar mensajes de texto y ser anónimo.
Ayuda En Español: 1-888-628-9454
National Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
SAT Contact Information:
Freshman Testing Requirements:
- A note for fall 2021 first-time freshman: The California State University (CSU)
- University of California’s Admissions Exam Requirements Webpage
Counseling Corner Newsletter
Counselors are available an extra hour each day (2:45PM - 3:45PM) to help support student needs. Counselors are available to help all students during this time regardless of grade level. Please see the schedule below for counselor availability.
- Monday: Matt Lawler
- Tuesday: Jen Sousa and Olga Powell
- Wednesday: Jen Sousa and Blanca Rodriguez
- Thursday: Blanca Rodriguez and Olga Powell
- Friday: Matt Lawler
Make an Appointment